Re: Help with locating and installing WinAmp 5.65 on W10

Jeremy <jeremy.richards7@...>

During the installation on James' new computer, the directX message popped up, but I simply press enter on Ok and I continued to setup Winamp for best accessibility. Winamp 5.666 is now working flawlessly on Windows 10!

JR

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of James Bentley
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2016 11:30 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Help with locating and installing WinAmp 5.65 on W10

Hello Gene,

A list member had a link to a more recent version of Winamp. He assisted me with the instalation.

I thought that it mattered because I wasn’t able to get through the install without the Direct X. But, now that doesn’t matter any more. Perhaps I wasn’t as precise as I should have been, concerning not being able to complete the install.

James

Sent: Tuesday, August 2, 2016 8:10 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Help with locating and installing WinAmp 5.65 on W10

Does it even matter? It appears, from the little I've read, that Direct X is mainly used for games. I don't see why Winamp cares what version of Direct X is used, but why should playing an audio file matter at all in this respect?

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2016 4:57 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Help with locating and installing WinAmp 5.65 on W10

Hello everyone,

I just tried to install WinAmp 5.65 Pro on W10 64 bit. I found the 3 to 4 year old, application that I was trying to install on one of my computers.

During The install, the dialogue requested that I go to MS to download the latest version of Direct X. I went to the link given by the installer and it just went to the MS home page.

So, I am hoping for assistance with one of two things.

1. Locate the correct Direct x download. Or:

2. Does anyone have a link where I can find the most recent version of WinAmp that won’t ask me to download things that I don’t know how to find? Preferably, Version 5.65.

Many thanks,

James

**No one is totally worthless, they can always be used as a bad example.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.