From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of James Bentley
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2016 12:26 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Help with locating and installing WinAmp 5.65 on W10

Hi Jeremy and everyone,

OK, I admit that I didn't try to go past the dialogue warning me that my computer lacked the necessary Direct X files to install WinAmp. I thought that if it said you can't do something, then, you can't do it with out messing something up. But, I am learning. Jeremy just ignored the warning and installed WinAmp with no problems. I will never forget that one.

As far as help from Jeremy goes. He spent another five hours plus installing software, providing training, and trying to fix sound problems with a new Dell laptop again yesterday morning. His determination to discover and resolve problems is really amazing. I am still surprised that he was willing to give up so much of his personal time.

Dell apparently has some kind of their own forced updates that monitor our system and make changes as they desire. For a Jaws user, we need to turn off all of the enhancement features in something called Pro Max Audio by Waves or the sound quality becomes horrible soon after installing Jaws.
Jeremy turned off these services by deleting their processes in system config but they always turned back on. I should say that at least, I think it was called system config.

Dell tech support has remoted in to my system 3 times now and turned off all of the sound enhancement features and the changes reverted back to their original settings in minutes. I don't know if it is Jaws corrupting files or if Dell automatic updates is changing the enhancement settings back to their original state. But I will get back with Dell again today and beg, cry, and plead to get them to just delete the programs or processes that are making changes to my system. It sounds so fine when it is working right.

I've talked with VFO tech support and they claimed to be aware of rare problems and they are certain that Jaws is not at fault.

MS Accessibility tech support also remoted in to the laptop and turned off all of the Max Audio sound enhancements but they reverted back to their original state in less than an hour.

So, I guess I go back to Dell again today. I will try again to get Dell to turn off the auto updates, if that is even what it is called. Their tech support personnel do not speak English very well. They seem to only be trained to do very basic things like installing printers, scanners, etc.
Jaws users get left with what sometimes seems like no possible resolution.
I guess that's because we are just a tiny fraction of the population.

Everyone wish me luck. And, Its very important to me to make certain that all list members who offered assistance to me, especially Jeremy, Most especially Jeremy, are aware of my gratitude for their time and efforts to help. And, Jeremy, or anyone, feel free to clarify any thing in this post that may not be 100% accurate.

Regards,

James