From: "James Bentley" <bentleyj1952@att.net
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 08:21:53 -0500
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Oh no! Disaster!

Hi rajmund,

Just out of curiosity, What brand are these SD cards?

James

From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@roadrunner.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 09:12:48 -0400

Hello:

Well at least your BARD books are retrievable. I always back,
double
back and triple back items. I had too many crashes and lost too
much
information between about 1995 and 1997 not to be overly
cautious. You
could have backed up all your ap installers, your books, your
other full
installers, your e-mails or anything else you had on a separate
card or
even on an external hard drive associated with your home computer
system. That's the way to go to make sure these types of
disasters--no
matter how annoying--don't turn a crisis into a complete
collapse.

On 8/31/2015 9:01 AM, Beth wrote:
Dear List,
So I find out the bad news: my android phone treats me like
crap!
First goes my internal storage, then I had moved a crap load of
apps,
media, and Bard books for heaven's sake to an SD card, then it
didn't
show the dang SD card till I erased EVERYTHING!!!!!!! Oh no! Now
my
apps are gone! I want to kill the man who invented erasing data.
Can I
also take a swipe at Cricket? My phone provider really doesn't
realize
that this little bitty Moto phone has not enough storage, and
then
destroyed my SD card data! Oh God!
It's like, where have all my Bard books gone? I forgot my
friend's
Netflix password, and one thing you should know about me: I
can't
remember passwords worth anything. So yeah, there went my
Facebook app
as well. 500 mb's of data. Gone! Now I have to reinstall all
my crap.
What can I do to make this better!
Ugh!
Big question is: how do you initially install stuff onto an SD
card
from the Android phone?
Anyway, just wanted to know and let you all know I"m mad as Hell
at my
phone, couldn't remount the stupid card. Ugh.
Beth