Re: Deleting all messages and folders in WLM

Flor Lynch

I once deleted all unread emails (from the folder of that name, in the tree view of folders that I referred to), from my laptop. The first go-round, it didn’t delete them all before it stopped, but did a fair few. That took 45 minutes or more, as there were a lot! So, it being late, before I went to bed I set to deleting the remainder, several thousand messages, and let it do its thing. When I got up again after about two hours, they were all gone. My read messages remained intact. Mission achieved.

Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 8:57 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Deleting all messages and folders in WLM
Thanks.  I thingk I will just delete small chunks at a time so WLM doesn’t crash.

How do I delete all of the folders that I created?

James

Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Deleting all messages and folders in WLM

James,
To delete all emails in WLM: There’s a folder near the top of the tree view, above the Inbox, in Quikck Views about three or four folders down from the very top, called All Emails. Go into the list view of that folder. Select All and Delete. Depending on how many emails you’ve got, this deletion could take some time, so go do something else if you’ve a lot of emails to delete.  

Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 7:49 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Deleting all messages and folders in WLM
Hi all,

Can any one tell me how to delete all messages and folders in WLM with out having to go through each folder and manually do the deleting?

Thanks,

James

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.