Re: Deleting all messages and folders in WLM

Gene

The account is for exporting the account information needed to set up your account.  I would strongly suggest exporting your account information and keeping the file somewhere.  If you ever have to set up your account again, either on that machine or another machine, you will save time and inconvenience by importing it.  I'm not sure if your password is saved so you may have to keep track of that separately.  However, I've saved myself annoyance and time by keeping my export account file for use if needed.

I'm not sure how you exported mail and why it created so many accounts.  What are you describing?  If you are saying that you have two or three accounts and each one has it's own inbox, that's the way accounts are on your original machine.  But if you are trying to use something like all mail and you don't see it, you may have to turn that folder on in your program.  I'd have to look at that version of the program to see how.  Meantime, if you explain more about what is occurring, you may get more targeted help.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 4:14 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Deleting all messages and folders in WLM

Hi Gene and Flor,

Your discussion has succeeded in showing me how to delete the folders that I created.

What I am trying to do here is just a little experimenting.  I have two computers grabbing my email so I won’t be loosing messages.  Now, I want to learn a little about exporting and importing from WLM on one machine to my new laptop using WLM on both machines.

My first attempt imported all of my folders but I wasn’t happy with the results.  After importing to laptop, I had a whole lot of extra folders that I now have to arrow through.  Something like 3 each on the outbox, sent messages folder, the drafts folder etc. 

I imported in to an empty WLM that contained no messages or folders.  I was hoping that the imported messages and folders would look the same on the new machine.  But, I got a mess of folders.  Too much junk to try to arrow through.

I wonder if I should have just exported, and then imported the account instead of just email?  What would have happened if I had tried the accounts selection?  Is it even possible to move all emails and folders to an empty WLM and have every thing look the way it did on the original machine?

Hope I am making some kind of sense here,

James

Thanks,

James

Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 3:25 PM

I'm not at all sure that is correct.  But whether it is or not, you could delete the folders and then delete all messages in the inbox.  also, I don't know what you intend to do after you delete all messages.  Are you going to continue to use the program?  If not, you can simply delete any accounts and all messages in the accounts will be deleted.  Of course, if you are using storage folders, you will have to delete those separately.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 3:12 PM

You would just delete your own created folders individually. But, that won’t delete the messages ‘in’ them. For that, you’d need to delete the messages in such a folder first.

Folders are just like wrappers or covers in this case. Your messages not deleted from them first, would then go to your Inbox, All Emails,  etc.

Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 8:57 PM
Thanks.  I thingk I will just delete small chunks at a time so WLM doesn’t crash.

How do I delete all of the folders that I created?

James

Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:44 PM

James,
To delete all emails in WLM: There’s a folder near the top of the tree view, above the Inbox, in Quikck Views about three or four folders down from the very top, called All Emails. Go into the list view of that folder. Select All and Delete. Depending on how many emails you’ve got, this deletion could take some time, so go do something else if you’ve a lot of emails to delete.  

Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 7:49 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Deleting all messages and folders in WLM
Hi all,

Can any one tell me how to delete all messages and folders in WLM with out having to go through each folder and manually do the deleting?

Thanks,

James

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.