Re: Deleting all messages and folders in WLM

Gene

The account is for exporting the account information needed to set up your account.  I would strongly suggest exporting your account information and keeping the file somewhere.  If you ever have to set up your account again, either on that machine or another machine, you will save time and inconvenience by importing it.  I'm not sure if your password is saved so you may have to keep track of that separately.  However, I've saved myself annoyance and time by keeping my export account file for use if needed.

I'm not sure how you exported mail and why it created so many accounts.  What are you describing?  If you are saying that you have two or three accounts and each one has it's own inbox, that's the way accounts are on your original machine.  But if you are trying to use something like all mail and you don't see it, you may have to turn that folder on in your program.  I'd have to look at that version of the program to see how.  Meantime, if you explain more about what is occurring, you may get more targeted help.

Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 4:14 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Deleting all messages and folders in WLM

Hi Gene and Flor,

Your discussion has succeeded in showing me how to delete the folders that I created.

What I am trying to do here is just a little experimenting.  I have two computers grabbing my email so I won’t be loosing messages.  Now, I want to learn a little about exporting and importing from WLM on one machine to my new laptop using WLM on both machines.

My first attempt imported all of my folders but I wasn’t happy with the results.  After importing to laptop, I had a whole lot of extra folders that I now have to arrow through.  Something like 3 each on the outbox, sent messages folder, the drafts folder etc.

I imported in to an empty WLM that contained no messages or folders.  I was hoping that the imported messages and folders would look the same on the new machine.  But, I got a mess of folders.  Too much junk to try to arrow through.

I wonder if I should have just exported, and then imported the account instead of just email?  What would have happened if I had tried the accounts selection?  Is it even possible to move all emails and folders to an empty WLM and have every thing look the way it did on the original machine?

Hope I am making some kind of sense here,

James

Thanks,

James