Re: Two questions about AdBlock

@KM

If you haven't updated Ad Block Plus now is the time to do it. Facebook a couple days ago just stated that they are blocking ad block. However Ad Block Plus developers just updated their coding so those ads will not show up again.  Although you may have to get into the options to filters do updates which I found I had to do for it wasn't updated to today but now it is. I also have never actually change their default settings and have never had any issues with ads. Text ads on one site only but nothing major.

On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 6:58 AM, James Bentley <bentleyj1952@...> wrote:
Hello Billy,

You can download Adblock Plus at the link below.  Pick the version that is designed for your browser.  The application automatically detects 32 or 64 bit machines.

https://adblockplus.org/

James

-----Original Message----- From: Billy Inglis
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2016 3:28 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Two questions about AdBlock

thanks Mike, where can i pick this program up please, Billy

On 05/08/2016 18:13, Mike B. wrote:
Hi James,

Ad Block Plus works very well, & below are the steps on accessing the
settings for IE, Firefox, & Chrome.
IE:

File path:
C:\Program Files\Adblock Plus for IE\html\templates\index.html

1. Open Ad Block Plust in the Programs Files folder.
2. Open the HTML folder.
3. Open the Templates folder & inside you'll find:
firstRun.html
These are the settings when you first installed the program & are the
default settings.

index.html
Open this to change your options / settings.  Arrow down to, Allow some
non-intrusive advertising, & uncheck this box if you don't want any ads to
show.

Firefox & Chrome

File path:
C:\Program Files\Adblock Plus for IE\html\templates\index.html

1. Open Ad Block Plust in the Programs Files folder.
2. Open the HTML folder.
3. Open the Templates folder & inside you'll find:
firstRun.html
These are the settings when you first installed the program & are the
default settings.

index.html
Open this to change your options / settings.  Arrow down to, Allow some
non-intrusive advertising, & uncheck this box if you don't want any ads to
show.

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!