Re: NFL Game Pass Accessibility

Michael Mote

I agree with everything Don is saying here.  I will add one thing, regarding the Radium app.  The Sirius XM App is almost five minutes behind the actual game broadcast.  With Radium, it’s more like 2 minutes.  I’ve noticed that, when I use the APP.  Just thought I would add this.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Donald L. Roberts
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2016 12:07 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NFL Game Pass Accessibility

Regarding ease of using the XM app, frankly I dislike it primarily because I am not able to use all of its functions.  Others are able to do more with the app than I am.  I can however find the channels I want.  But you need to know about another app called Radium which I find considerably easier to use.  You still have to have the XM app on your device, but the search field in Radium is easier to use.  For example, since I am a Cubs fan, I just type the word "Cubs" without the quote marks into the search field, and I find "Chicago Cubs home town play by play."  If I type in the word "giants," I get two responses.  I can choose either the New York Giants football or the San Francisco giants baseball feed.

Incidentally, before anyone asks, Sirius XM will tell you that the going rate is something like $14 per month.  You can usually negotiate with them.  I terminated my service for a couple of years after the merger after which I got a please come back letter with a very attractive monthly rate enclosed.  I renew each six months at which time I tell them that I will renew only if they continue the same rate.  I tell them that I can get good deals from Pandora, Spotify or Apple Music, but I would like to keep the XM because of the games.  But I won't pay full retail.  Thus far they have always gone along.  I hope that doesn't change.  If it does, I will change to tune in radio.

Don Roberts

On 8/12/2016 8:24 AM, James Hooper wrote:

How easy is the app to use?