Re: TREADMILL WITH TACTILE BUTTONS

Laz

Gerald, Curious as to why the limitation of under 6 feet tall? I'm six
feet one inch tall and am puzzled as to why that limitation.

Laz

On 8/13/16, Gerald Levy <bwaylimited@...> wrote:

If you are under 6 feet tall, a manual treadmill might be worth considering

instead of a nmotorized treadmill. Because a manual treadmill has no motor,

there are no complicated buttons on the console to deal with because it is
self-powered. You simply step on the deck, hold onto the side rails and
start walking or jogging. I have a Phoenix 516 Easy Up manual treadmill
which I jog on every day for about 30 minutes. In place of the electronic
monitor, whose LCD display I can't see, anyway, I have attached a small,
clip-on fan to keep me cool while I'm working out. To me, the biggest
advantage of a manual treadmill, aside from the great workout it provides,
is the fact that it has no motor to break down. Once the motor dies, you're

almost always totally screwed because most low-end treadmills such as those

made by Icon Fitness, which includes the Reebok and Nordic Track brands,
have short warranties, and so there is no way to repair the unit after the
warranty expires. And try moving around a bulky, heavy motorized treadmill

that weighs over 100 pounds. If you set it up in your downstairs basement
and it craps out, how are you going to get rid of it unless you hire an army

of body builders to haul it upstairs for you? On the other hand, a manual
treadmill usually weighs only about 40 or 50 pounds and is much easier to
move around and should last for years with normal use. But even if it does

crap out eventually, it's no big deal to replace because you can buy a
decent manual treadmill for under $200.

Gerald