Re: i want to import my address book from my windows 7 lap top running windows mail to my windows 10 lap top running windows live mail can this be dun? and if so how?

Gene

Press the function key and issue the command control f3.  I am not saying there isn't another way to get to the address book part of the program, but I don't know any other way.  As far as I know, you must be in the address book to be able to import addresses.  If necessary, and I haven't tried this, but because of the awkwardness of trying to issue commands when holding the fn key, you could try temporarily taping the fn key down. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2016 2:56 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] i want to import my address book from my windows 7 lap top running windows mail to my windows 10 lap top running windows live mail can this be dun? and if so how?

hi geen i tryed what you said and i didn't find anything about the address book. i have the funkshen keys on my lap top turned on and so the only way i was able to get to the address book was by hitting controle funkshen f 3 and that just brought me to the part of the message where i saw my e mail address and the e mail address of the list etc. i am wondering if there is another way to get to the address book? i have the address book saved on the lap top that is running windows 10. how ever i can't seem to import it in to windows live mail. i see a import e mails and messages but nothing about importing addressiss. many thanks for any help you could give me. from Mich.
Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2016 9:03 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] i want to import my address book from my windows 7 lap top running windows mail to my windows 10 lap top running windows live mail can this be dun? and if so how?

Move to the address book.  Use Control f3 to move to it. 
Press alt and when the ribbon opens start tabbing.
You will find an import and an export item.  I don't recall the exact wording used.  If you have trouble finding it, ask here. 

As is common in e-mail programs, moving to or opening the item you want to work with and then looking through ribbons or menus, will show you items that are not shown when you are in another part of the program. 

To return to the main part of the program, use control f1. 

Gene
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2016 9:19 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] i want to import my address book from my windows 7 lap top running windows mail to my windows 10 lap top running windows live mail can this be dun? and if so how?

hi all. the subject says it all. after alot of fiddeling around with windows live mail i have got my messages inportid to this program under a new folder and in box that itcreated it's oan. i want to import my address book from windows mail to windows live mail. this address book is in a dot csv format and also is running ona 32 bit windows 7 lap top and i want to transfer it over to a windows 10 lap top running 64 bit. i would like to know if this can be dun? since the only thing i saw was import messages it said nothing about contacts. many thanks. from Mich Verrier from New Liskeard Ontario Canada. 

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.