A Question about Hearing Aids

Rob <captinlogic@...>

I am in the market for a new set of hearing aids. Mine are about nine years old now and not as good as they once were. Nothing wrong with the aids themselves; it's my ears.
My question is. Does there exist some sort of centralized clearing house that will compare your audio gram with various aids and suggest a match? It has been my experience that most audiologists tend to favor one brand over others. I don't know if this is because they get kick backs from the manufacturers, and it doesn't matter. but I want what's best for me, not what some money grubbing private practitioner thinks is best.
Thoughts?