From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rob
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2016 10:05 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] A Question about Hearing Aids

I am in the market for a new set of hearing aids. Mine are
about nine years old now and not as good as they once were.
Nothing wrong with the aids themselves; it's my ears.
My question is. Does there exist some sort of centralized
clearing house that will compare your audio gram with
various aids and suggest a match? It has been my experience
that most audiologists tend to favor one brand over others.
I don't know if this is because they get kick backs from the
manufacturers, and it doesn't matter. but I want what's best
for me, not what some money grubbing private practitioner
thinks is best.
Thoughts?