From: Gene <gsasner@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Sunday, August 14, 2016 4:28 pm
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] uninstalling corrupted programs in windows 10?

What do you mean by removing that long ago could be a little risky? Settings you have changed in the last month will have to be reset and programs you have installed will have to be reinstalled.

Are these corrupted remains causing any problems or are they just showing themselves as unwanted entries in the all programs list or in the programs and features list. Not every problem needs to be fixed. Not every problem is worth spending much time and effort trying to fix unless you want to maintain your computer aesthetically, not in terms of have it work well.

I won't advise about the registry except to say that there is a widely believed myth that unneeded registry entries cause problems. Maybe some of them did in the old days of Windows 95, 98, in short before XP. You'd need an enormous amount of unwanted registry entries these days to cause any slowdowns that are noticeable and the likelihood of registry entries causing other performance problems is low.

From: Carlos <carlos1106@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Sunday, August 14, 2016 3:46 pm

Short of using System Restore, there is no established method for removing
corrupted program installations.