Re: uninstalling corrupted programs in windows 10?

Carlos

Well of course it wouldn't make sense to delete anything if nothing is found in a search, but my point is that just because you don't find anything, does not mean an application has not left obscure references behind. While it is common practice to label keys which contain common settings after the program or vender, it is not a requirement. And keys which register file types, DLLs, or other components are often not obviously associated with an application.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rajmund" <brajmund2000@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2016 11:47 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] uninstalling corrupted programs in windows 10?

If I do take the registry root, I want to search for the program's name. If nothing comes up, I don't touch anything. That's what I did the last time, and that particular one paid off.

Sent from a Braille Sense

From: Carlos <carlos1106@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Sunday, August 14, 2016 3:46 pm

Short of using System Restore, there is no established method for
removing
corrupted program installations.