From: Carlos <carlos1106@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Sunday, August 14, 2016 5:06 pm
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] uninstalling corrupted programs in windows 10?

Well of course it wouldn't make sense to delete anything if nothing is found
in a search, but my point is that just because you don't find anything, does
not mean an application has not left obscure references behind. While it is
common practice to label keys which contain common settings after the
program or vender, it is not a requirement. And keys which register file
types, DLLs, or other components are often not obviously associated with an
application.
From: Carlos <carlos1106@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Sunday, August 14, 2016 4:11 pm

The other problem with deleting registry keys is you cannot make the
assumption that all keys and values associated with a particular
application
are clearly labeled. Certain types of registry keys are not.
From: Carlos <carlos1106@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Sunday, August 14, 2016 3:46 pm

Short of using System Restore, there is no established method for
removing
corrupted program installations.