TWBlue problem

Chrissie Cochrane <chrissie@...>

Hi Folks

I wonder if someone can help me.

I have two laptops running Windows 7 64 bit both of which have the TWBlue twitter client.  both have been running it successfully until yesterday when one of the machines would not run the program at all, either from the shortcut on the desktop or from the TWBlue.exe file.

I am running Microsoft Security Essentials so wondered whether this was causing the problem, so temporarily disengaged it, having done a full scan which said the computer was clean, for what that's worth..  I have tried uninstalling TWBlue completely and re-installing it, which seems to go fine until I'm asked to run TWBLUE when, as usual absolutely nothing happens. If I click on either the desktop shortcut or the .exe file again absolutely nothing happensthe

It still works fine on the other machine which is from the same company running exactly the same system and configuration.

Could it be possibly that MS Security Essentials has thought it suspect and quarantined it or something, and if so, in case that is the problem, how do I tell MSSE that it's a ligitimate program?

I tried the windows troubleshooting program which informed me that TWBlue was incompatible, so I tried running it in compatibility mode, again still nothing. to be fair, I don't find the troubleshooter particular intuitive so may well have missed something. yes I know I could run something like chicken Nuggets but since TWBlue runs perfectly on my other machine it would be nice to have it running on both.  Btw, the fresh installation was from the TWBlue website so should be okay.

thanks for any help.

Chrissie
Managing Director
The Global Voice