Re: outlook express for windows 7 issue

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Dennis,

The steps below were written for XP, but the steps work the same for Windows 7 except the navigation to the folders where you're saving the messages to is different.
Using Outlook Express below is 1 set of steps on how to save an email to the
Recipe folder in your My Documents folder as an example.  Create the folders you want to save to in advance.
1. With the email you want to save highlighted / selected, press Alt + F,
for the file menu, arrow down to save as, & press enter.  Or press Alt + F,
then press the letter, A.
2. A dialogue opens & you can change the name of the message here.
3.A. Tab 1 time to the save as combobox & right here this is where you
choose which format you want to save the email as.  Your choices are Mail
*.eml, Text file *.txt, & Unicode Text File *.txt.  Personally I save email
in both .EML & .TXT formats but, you can't save them in both formats at the
same time so, you have to save the email 2 times, once in each format.
3.B. We will use the .EML format for now.  So, you are in the save as
combobox, arrow down to Mail *.eml, tab 3 times to the save in combobox,
arrow up or down to the My Documents folder, with the My documents folder
highlighted,  tab 3 more times to, folder view list view.  This is a list of
folders in your My Documents folder.
4. Arrow down to your Recipe folder & press enter to open the folder, now
tab to the save button, & press the spacebar.  Your recipe has now been
saved in your Recipe folder.  If you want to save this same email as a text
file, your Recipe folder has already been selected so, you don't have to
navigate to the Recipe folder.
5. Press Alt + F, then press the letter, A,  tab 1 time to the save as
combobox, press the letter T, for text file or arrow down to the Text File
*.txt option, tab 1 time to save, & press the spacebar or enter.  When you
are in the save as combobox you can use first letter navigation instead of
arrowing to your format of choice.

Go look in your recipe folder to see if your messages have been saved the
way you want them saved.  Saving email outside of your email client takes
some practice & getting used to but, it is well worth the extra work.  If
your email client was to become corrupted for whatever reason, having your
email saved outside you won't lose your emails.  Personally I don't have any
emails saved in Outlook Express.
Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!