Re: Sirius xm dot com and screen readers

Troy Burnham

Carlos,

I'm running windows 7 with IE 11 here so from what you just said either of those might be the problem.  I'll check if my flash is updated though and then will reload the page and wait and see if it eventually loads.  Thanks.

Troy

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2015 9:53 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Sirius xm dot com and screen readers

Hi Troy,
At least for me, it takes a few seconds for the page to completely load, but after that I can see edit fields for entering your user name, password, and the
"Log In"
button.  If you don't see these controls after a few seconds, the only recommendation I have at the moment is to try updating flash player since even the log in interface uses it.  Also, what version of Windows are you running?  Again at least for me, there is a more serious problem with the site after logging in with JAWS 16 on Windows 7 where it does not see the flash interface at all.  This issue does not occur with JAWS 15 on Windows 7 nor does it occur with JAWS 16 on Windows 10.  Although Windows 10 includes IE 11 by default as where I am still running IE 10 on 7 so it is possible that may be the differing factor causing the problem, but I haven't experimented with IE 11 on 7 to verify this possibility.
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2015 10:27 AM

Hi All,

I went to sirius xm dot com earlier in the week and created an account so I can listen online through my computer, but when I try to go to https://www.siriusxm.com/legacyplayer/#view=login it's like the page never completely loads because all I can ever get Jaws 16 to say is Sirius xm log-in, that's the only line there.  I get more if I use the Jaws cursor, but there are no edit fields and no amount of clicking on anything opens anything else up.  Help please?

Btw after doing what I did I received 2 e-mails, one thanking me for registering my xm account with the online center and the other thanking me for selecting a new subscription.  In the second e-mail though it tells me that if my radio isn't receiving service it tells me how to get my signal refreshed.  I do still have 2 receivers, one at home and one in the car, and if I can ever get the online feeds I may eventually get rid of my home unit but I'll be keeping the one for the car.  So because of what it says in the second e-mail I'm not even sure that I've done what needs to be done to accomplish what I'm trying to do.

Troy

Troy

Sent: Saturday, September 05, 2015 3:25 PM

Hi Don,
Try using this link to log in
and you should receive the more accessible classic player.
Sent: Saturday, September 05, 2015 2:13 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Sirius xm dot com and screen readers

Is anyone on list reliably and successfully navigating siriusxm.com?  Prior to updating this HP desktop to Windows 10, I could do so when running 8.1 and Window-eyes 9.2 although it was rather hit and miss.  Now I cannot do so at all regardless of what screen reader I use and regardless of whether I use I E 11 or a recent version of Firefox.

Apparently there has been a new player because I see a reference to a classic player, but I absolutely cannot click on that link.  Nor can I do much of anything else on that site.  Does anyone have any advice to circumvent these problems?

Thanks in advance.

Don Roberts

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.