FW: [win10] Tip: you can in fact create desktop shortcuts for universal apps #a11y #universalapps #article
Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
For those who are discovering the beauty of Edge, Windows 10 Mail app and other universal apps, hope the following would be useful. Thanks.
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:35 PM
Subject: [win10] Tip: you can in fact create desktop shortcuts for universal apps #UniversalApps #A11Y
A question was asked on another list regarding possibility of creating desktop shortcuts for universal apps. The answer is a resounding “yes”, as the following article points out:
1. Press Windows+R to open Run dialog.
2. Type the following as exactly as shown:
3. Locate the app you'd like to pin to desktop (e.g. Microsoft Edge).
4. Open context menu and select "create shortcut". Answer "yes" when a follow-up dialog asks if you'd like to create a desktop shortcut instead.
5. Go to desktop and locate the shortcut you've just created. The shortcut should be named "AppName - shortcut". Rename the icon label.
Turns out the above steps actually work (I have managed to create a desktop shortcut for Microsoft Edge).