From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 7:28 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What's the difference between Imap and pop3?

You have to tell GMail to enable pop3.  You can either wait for more answers from people who have more detailed information or you can do a Google search for something like pop3 GMail.  You will find lots of results.

Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 7:00 PM

Hi everyone,

I am moving from Yahoo/ATT mail to Gmail.  I planned on setting up a pop3 account because that is what I am accustomed to using.   However, I don’t seem to have that option.  So, what will be different if I set up an Imap account?

Many thanks,

James Bentley

**No one is totally worthless, they can always be used as a bad example.