Re: What's the difference between Imap and pop3?

Edmond Nazarian <gocloud84@...>

Yes they should work. I believe message rules have nothing to do with POP and IMAP.
I have a better idea; if you are using GMail, create folders and labels in your GMail account and setup rules there. This was you can keep everything as you want.

On 8/25/2016 6:24 PM, James Bentley wrote:
OK, it appears as though message rules will not sink on all clients.
That's no big deal for me but, I would still want to be able to create
message rules on individual clients. Do you happen to know if
individual message rules will still work on the client if they are created?

James

-----Original Message----- From: Edmond Nazarian via Groups.io
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 8:08 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What's the difference between Imap and pop3?

Yes if you do not delete the messages you need to keep. in GMail we
archive them.

On 8/25/2016 6:04 PM, James Bentley wrote:
OK, I have decided that I like the idea that all clients will be
synchronized when using imap. But, I have a few very important
questions. I wonder if using imap will allow me to download all
messages to any client and keep them there forever if I choose. In
other words, I do not want emails only available to me when I am on
line. I want to download emails and keep them forever if I want. Will
imap allow me to have the emails on all of my computers without deleting
them after a certain period of time? And, I do understand that if I
make changes to one client, the same changes happen to all. But, I was
just under the impression that users of imap do not get to keep emails
on their machines forever.

Thanks for any advice,

James Bentley