From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 8:49 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What's the difference between Imap and pop3?

Windows Live Mail doesn't support message rules created in that client when using IMAP.  I don't know about other programs other than that Thunderbird and Outlook support such rules.  My understanding is that rules are generally set up on the server and that this allows proper synchronization on clients because no rules are set up in the clients nor is support for such necessary.

Gene