Re: restoring my computer from image back up questions

Edmond Nazarian <gocloud84@...>

Honestly it won't activate with the OEM certificate installed, even if you enter the correct key, you know.
Let's see what will happen... I am a bit worry. I want to help people but sometime later I feel I put them in more head ace.

On 8/25/2016 7:57 PM, Carlos wrote:
In either case, it is worth looking for the product key on the COA key
sticker since it is almost guaranteed to work
----- Original Message ----- From: "Carlos" <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 10:52 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] restoring my computer from image back up questions

Usually this means it is an OEM product key which generally you cannot
use to activate a retail copy of Windows 7. In some cases, modifying
ei.cfg
will allow the image to work with an OEM key, but I have read reports
of this not always working.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Edmond Nazarian via Groups.io"
<gocloud84=aol.com@groups.io>