Re: restoring my computer from image back up questions

That sounds complicated. I bought my computer from a seller off of
amazon and I'm guessing he was able to do a fresh install, because I
don't recall any dell stuff when I first got my computer.
It just had windows 7 professional, 64 bit and I don't remember any
extra programs sides the basics. Maybe he just uninstalled them who
freaking knows.

This is so very frustrating because I had finally made the decision
(very long story there) to try and see if I could do some freelance
transcribing or editing and now ... oh gee my computer ends up being a
total ass hat.

Walking away from computer before I throw something.
TTFN
Melissa

On 8/25/16, Edmond Nazarian via Groups.io <gocloud84=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes unfortunately that's right but not always. It's possible to fix the
issues but it's not easy.
We are gambling...<Smile>

On 8/25/2016 7:52 PM, Carlos wrote:
Usually this means it is an OEM product key which generally you cannot
use to activate a retail copy of Windows 7. In some cases, modifying
ei.cfg
will allow the image to work with an OEM key, but I have read reports of
this not always working.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Edmond Nazarian via Groups.io"
<gocloud84=aol.com@groups.io>