Re: can anyone recomend a good malqware program please

Steve Matzura

They did away with the free version of that, didn't they?

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 14:43:18 -0400, you wrote:

You probably want a dedicated malware scanner such as Malwarebytes.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/
The Windows Defender which is included with Windows 7 is quite basic and is
not a dedicated malware scanner. Microsoft Security Essentials
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e1605e70-9649-4a87-8532-33d813687a7f&;displayLang=en
which is the equivalent of Windows Defender on Windows 10 is more
comprehensive, but is also not a dedicated malware scanner.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lee Hodgson" <lee@pressakey.net>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:10 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] can anyone recomend a good malqware program please

thanks yes sorry I meant anti malware. I seem to have windows defender on
the pc already, do I need to modify any settings or do anything with it.
sorry I am new to windows 7, so this is a learning curve.
As I used to use spybot before on my xp machine, but not sure how
accessible that is these days. smiles.
Lee, Emily my guiding furry snowflake and Chester and simba the feline
fellas
leehodge on dice world
My wife is JessHodge on Dice world
Follow me on Twitter Lee__Hodgson with two underlines between first and
second names, and on audioboo user name leehodge