Re: saving home page on internet explorer

Patrick Ford

Interesting Gene …thanks …

Come Join The Group

ScripturePassage-subscribe@...

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2016 6:39 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] saving home page on internet explorer

I suspect there is a problem with your browser or with the registry.  If you go to the actual page so that it is opened in your browser and use the use current button, it should make that the new home page.  You haven't tried that procedure and if it works, it will solve the situation if not the actual thing that is causing the problem.  If it doesn't, you may have to do more investigation and that may be more trouble than it's worth. 

First, if you haven't done so, reboot.  In situations where unexpected behavior occurs, that should be one of the first things to try.  Someone withg more technical knowledge might tell you what to do in the browser to try to correct the problem and what to check in the registry.  Given the increasingly old state of Internet Explorer, this might be just the time to switch to Firefox as the main browser. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, August 26, 2016 5:18 AM

Ok, I tried this and it did not work … there were no other addresses in the field except for google which I use as a test …there are three buttons to choose from, use current, use default or use new tab button …which do I use …then there is an apply button and an ok button …none of this seems to work …is there a step missing …this use to be easy but not sure why it is not saving the home page …thanks …

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carlos
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2016 5:08 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Newer versions of Internet Explorer have the ability to configure multiple homepages.  By default, only the first configured homepage will be opened.  Use the Up/Down Arrow keys in the homepage edit field and make sure no other homepages are assigned.  If so, delete them before typing in your new homepage.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, August 26, 2016 5:01 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] saving home page on internet explorer

Hi,

Using windows 7 and internet explorer 11 how do I save a new home page. I have gone into internet options and have written in the new address but it does not save it after hitting apply and ok.

There are I think three buttons and I have tried each one but still cannot save the home page.

So, do you know what I am doing wrong in trying to save a new home page?

Thanks.

Patrick

Come Join The Group

ScripturePassage-subscribe@...

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.