Re: best portable USB drive

Sylvia <sylvia0647@...>

Hi Jeremy, you and I probably have the same drive. I have the wd my passport ultra. I have no complaints about this drive even after a year of use.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy [mailto:icu8it2@...]
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2015 6:33 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] best portable USB drive

Not sure that I can recommend a specific model, but I've always liked
western digital. I purchased a really cheap one not to long ago that's
been chugging right along. It's a USB 3 supported Wd My Passport
external. Mines pretty small, only 500 Gigabytes, but I got it for like
35 bucks. haha
I can't say these days what the highest storage is going to be in these
smaller USB powered drives or what the price for something as large as a
3 terabyte one may be, but I'd poke around on amazon or newegg for one
that sounds like what you need.
Take care.

Hello, I have two drives, one is a 1tb drive and the other is a 2tb drive!
I want just one drive that I can connect to my laptop! I wanted to know if
anyone has a good brand for portable usage with the laptop! My old drive
you had to plug in the AC outlet! But, my other drives run off the usb
port! I know that if you want a drive that you put in the PC after so much,
you have to format it so the computer is abel to use the whole drive!
Is this the case with an external drive running off the USB port!
The one that plugged in died after five years, i think, and the other drives
are full so I wanted to just have one drive instead of two! I have had them
for a while my first drivewas in 08 and 10! I know they have become
smaller!
Thank you, Heather