Re: a newer computer & discussing specs

Edmond Nazarian <gocloud84@...>

A USB soundcard?
This one is not bad:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EHG7DM
It's $15. Let me know if you want me to use my Amazon Prime so you get it faster.

On 8/26/2016 8:51 PM, Melissa wrote:
That is a good idea, I never thought of that. Any suggestions?

As for upgrading hard drives I was thinking of a newer computer to do
that on, not mine. I think the year of manu of my computer is 2006.

On 8/26/16, Edmond Nazarian via Groups.io <gocloud84=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
It's always a good idea to go with a faster processor and also more memory.
This one is also good but it's not really better than your current Dell
computer.
You can upgrade the hard drive to a SSD one later, but you may not get
the advertised speed of that new SSD on that old computer.
By the way, I know what's your sound problem but there is little we can
do to fix it. Maybe you can get a cheap but usable USB sound card and do
not use the built-in one.

On 8/26/2016 8:32 PM, Melissa wrote:
After seeing the one Carlos linked (TS M53 Celeron 4GB 500GB ) and
this other one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A04M72E/ref=psdc_565098_t2_B00SNSFMYA
I’m thinking that an SSD drive isn’t *that* important since I can
upgrade that in the future (and also have an external to use) so I
could go more for processor speed? Or I see USB 2.0 with some USB 3.0
also.

On 8/26/16, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:
That was the Lenovo ThinkCentre M53.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SNSFMYA?&psc=1
Although the page doesn't quite look the same and it seems a bit more
pricy

than it was when I purchased it.