Re: a newer computer & discussing specs

Gene

Why not avoid all this trouble and simply purchase an inexpensive external sound card.  All you have to do, if you just want to use it for play, is plug it into the USb port and leave it plugged in.

If people would tell us what probem they are trying to solve, rather than just ask how to do what they think will solve it, they will often get much better help.  We have been answering your question about how to reinstall Windows 7 when, as far as I can tell now, the problem is with your sound card, which is very easy to solve.  You can continue to use Windows 10 if you wish.  You can purchase an external sound card for ten dollars, or if you want better quality, you can spend more.  I haven't priced sound cards so I don't know what the cheapest ones sell for so you may find ones for less than ten dollars.

From: Melissa
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2016 10:09 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] a newer computer & discussing specs

The main issue that I have is that there is no updated sound drivers
and I keep getting a dialog box on restart/boot up that tells me that
the sound is not meant for this soft ware version. I've looked
everywhere, it seems, for a fix for this, but I haven't found anything
about it.
When I go to look at hardware and devices it says that my soundcard is
working fine though.