From: Jeremy
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2016 11:49 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] a newer computer & discussing specs

For the simple fact that it's external. I'm not saying it'd not work, just that I personally would not wish to solely rely on using an external for my every day installation of windows. Perhaps my feelings are a bit different than others, being that I use and have used a laptop for years and years now and maybe on a PC it'd be more tolerable, but I don't care for using external devices, unless they become necessary.

Take care.

On 8/26/2016 11:45 PM, Gene wrote:
You don't explain why using an external sound card is a problem in your case.  I used an external sound card for years as my only sound card when I damaged the internal sound card in an XP laptop many years ago.  It was so close in responsiveness to the internal sound card that there was no problem and I could hardly tell the difference in performance.