Re: XP Extended Updating REG File #article

Edmond Nazarian <gocloud84@...>

I have a better idea for XP users. Read:
Welcome to Windows XP Service Pack 4
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10321

On 8/28/2016 8:32 PM, Mike B. wrote:
Hi All Running XP,

There's a .REG file available that tells Microsoft that your XP computer
Is a corporate computer, & therefore you will still receive updates from
Microsoft until 2019 on your XP Computers. I know for a fact it works,
because I had a XP computer I was running it on, & since I've given this
computer to a friend, & it's still getting updates. You can read about
this .REG file from the URL below, & a download link for this file will
also be provided in this message:

http://www.ghacks.net/2014/05/24/get-security-updates-windows-xp-april-2019/

It would probably be a good idea to create a backup of your registry
before running the .REG file for precautionary reasons. Here's how:

1. Press, Windows key + R, to open the Run dialogue, type in, regedit, &
press enter. If, My Computer, is closed press the right arrow key to open.
2. Press, Alt + F, for the file menu & press enter on the, Export,
option. You will now be in an edit field so, type in what you want to
name the backup file.
3. Tab past the cancel button & make sure that the, Export Range, All
radio button is selected. Tab to the, Save In Combobox & select where
you want the file to go to when saving.
4. Tab to the, Save button, & press enter. You're backup file will now
be wherever you assigned it to be saved to.

Download Link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2471715/XP%20Security%20Updates%20Reg%20File.zip

Take care.
Mike