Re: XP Extended Updating REG File #article

Gene

If you back up the registry using the registry editor and then import it using the registry editor, it combines both copies of the registry.  If you use a third party program, it will replace the current registry with the old registry, which is what you want.

From: Mike B.
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2016 11:54 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] XP Extended Updating REG File

Hi Gene,

I said in my post, "
It would probably be a good idea to create a backup of your registry before running the .REG file for precautionary reasons."

How would saving the registry file, before importing this .REG file  entry,include this .REG file entry if the registry file is saved before importing this .REG file entry?  & if you import the saved registry file, it can't import something that didn't exist in the original saved .REG file.
You said,"you will be combining  the old and new copies of the registries."
This is not possible if the registry is saved before importing anything new into it!
Am I missing something?!

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!