Re: nvda basic training manual

Quentin Christensen

Hi Monte,

Firstly thank you for your support in purchasing the material.

In terms of PowerPoint, the "Basic Training for NVDA" module doesn't specifically cover the Office programs.  We are about to release the "Microsoft Word with NVDA" module and have planned the topics for the "Microsoft Excel with NVDA" module as there has been considerable interest in those. After that, we are looking at the best option to cover next, and I would welcome feedback from anyone as to what else (and in what order) to cover after that.

For navigating the material, which format are you reading, and on what device?  The table of contents is setup as links to the topics in the book.  In most formats on a PC, pressing ENTER should follow the link and take you to the chosen topic.  Topic 8.1 is Opening File Explorer, which is the program you can use to navigate the files on your computer and so find, for instance, the PowerPoint file you are trying to open, and launching that file would then open PowerPoint.

While the book you have doesn't explicitly cover PowerPoint, if you do get stuck trying to read or edit a presentation, feel free to reply or post a question here and I'm sure I, or one of the other knowledgeable folk here will be happy to endeavour to help you.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 9:27 PM, Monte Single <mrsingle@...> wrote:

I purchased the manual some time ago.

Yesterday I  wanted to read a powerpoint doc.

I opened the basictraining.docx  file and typed ctrl+f and typed powerpoint.

A sighted friend told me that “8.1”  was highlighted in the contents page.

How do I find the actual page where “8.1” is and get to that page?

Thanks,

Monte

--
Quentin Christensen