From: Mike B.
Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2016 9:41 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] reminder, system restore

Hi Rich,

That means you need to assign allocated space for the system restore to use before it can create a system restore point.  If system restore doesn't have harddrive space allocated assigned, what can it save a restore point to?  For Windows 7, here are steps for assigning storage space:

1. Go to the Control Panel / System Link & press enter.
2. Tab to, System Protection Link, & press enter.
3. Tab to, Protection Settings, & tab 1 more time to a list of harddrives on your computer.  Arrow up / down to your operating system drive to make sure it's turned on.
4. Now, tab 1 time to the, Configuration button, & press the spacebar to open.
5. Tab to, Max Useage, & this is where you arrow up / down to select the maximum amount of space you want allocated for saving restore points.  The mor space you choose, the more restore points will be saved.  Warning: You should be aware of your total amount of space on your harddrive, the amount that is used, & the amount that is free space before increasing or decreasing.
6. After changing your setting, tab to, Apply, press the spacebar, tab to, Okay, press the spacebar, tab to, Okay, press enter to save & close.

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!