Accessible TV's and more, perhaps?

Mike Thomas

Just a thought that has ben going through my head for some time ...

If we could convince Apple to include an IR sending LED into their products, couldn't apps be written to control almost anything that uses an IR based remote control? In my thoughts, this would make so many items accessible that are now not to the blind community, and combine all remotes into one unit for the sighted and blind alike. With voice over, we could control so many things, and it might even spur manufacturers to make all the current touch screen stuff IR compatible with the phones and tablets.