From: Peter Spitz
Sent: Monday, September 5, 2016 11:53 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Inquiring about Uninterrupted power supply units

Robin:

This is what I use, got it from Amazon:  APC Battery Backup & Surge Protector (BE350G) - 350VA 6-outlet Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS).

It’s only about $40 now and I’ve had mine for about two years.The reviews will give you a lot of info on how to set up this UPS without needing any help.  For instance, the battery comes with aterminal cover that needs to be removed, it’s pretty obvious when you’re feeling around though.  While it won’t hurt to have sighted help, and I admit I have a13 year old son who helps me out frequently – the unit is pretty blind friendly.  When there is a poweroutage, it will beep four times about every two minutes to remind you that it’s on battery backup.  It will also emit a longer beep when the battery is running down.

Did you know that it’s usually very easy simply to replace the battery in your older UPS, have you considered that too?  Just search the model on Amazon and look for a replacement battery.

Good Luck,

Peter