Re: Accessible TV's and more, perhaps?

Pamela Dominguez

What is that? I know a LED is a light emitting diode, but what is IR? Pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Thomas
Sent: Monday, September 05, 2016 10:54 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Accessible TV's and more, perhaps?

Just a thought that has ben going through my head for some time ...

If we could convince Apple to include an IR sending LED into their products,
couldn't apps be written to control almost anything that uses an IR based
remote control? In my thoughts, this would make so many items accessible
that are now not to the blind community, and combine all remotes into one
unit for the sighted and blind alike. With voice over, we could control so
many things, and it might even spur manufacturers to make all the current
touch screen stuff IR compatible with the phones and tablets.

-----
No virus found in this message.