From: "Carlos" <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 20:11:29 -0400
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Windows 10, browsers, and screen readers - freezing

If something is causing instability, then possibly. If the machine is simply not powerful enough to run Windows 10 smoothly, then no.
From: Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Date: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 12:13 am

I don't know. Either something is causing instability or your system's

resources are insufficient to run Windows 10 smoothly.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rajmund" <brajmund2000@gmail.com

From: Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Date: Monday, September 5, 2016 11:49 pm

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Windows 10, browsers, and screen readers -

freezing

Possibly. 10% usage is rather high for NVDA, especially if it is

consistent.

----- Original Message ----- >> From: "Rajmund" <brajmund2000@gmail.com

From: Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Date: Monday, September 5, 2016 8:31 pm

freezing

To view the list of processes and sort them by order of highest CPU

usage:

1. Open Task Manager with Control Shift Escape.

2. Make sure that the

"More details"

button is selected.

3. Navigate to the

"Details"

tab.

4. If you tab once after the list of processes, you will wind up in >> >> a

list

of header bars which you can use to sort the list by different

criteria.

The first header bar is

"Name"

Press the Right Arrow key a few times and you will find the

"CPU"

header bar. Press Enter on the header bar

to sort the list from highest to lowest CPU usage. After you have

clicked

the header bar, review the list again.

The item at the top will be the one using the highest amount of CPU

resources. Ignore the very first item labeled

"System Idle Process"

If the

"System Idle Process"

is not the very first item, then click the

"CPU"

header bar again to make sure it is sorting the process list in

descending

order.

----- Original Message ----- >> >> From: "Rajmund" <brajmund2000@gmail.com

From: "Carlos" <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Date sent: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 13:20:59 -0400

freezing

You could look in Task Manager and check the CPU usage which >>
might
give

you

an idea of what process or processes are causing the system to

struggle.

Since we determined that the machine was a bit older, another

possibility

is

that it may simply be struggling with the combination of Windows
10
and

certain applications.

From: Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Date: Monday, September 5, 2016 4:07 pm

freezing

I assume this is a recent problem? If so, System Restore is

probably

the

best option. The Reset option means that you would have to

reinstall

all

applications and reconfigure all settings.