need assistance best portable USB replacement drive

heather albright

Hello, I want a drive to replace the four drives I have and I want to be sure this drive is portable for my laptop!  It said desktop!  But it is external according to the description!  Does it make a difference weather or not it said desktop verses laptop! I could not find out if it was aluminum or plastic casing!  I like to have all my drives shock resistant as I travel a lot and do not want my drives to go bad from my trips in my bag!

Product Description

WD Elements Desktop storage with USB 3.0 offers reliable, high-capacity, add-on storage, ultra-fast data transfer rates, universal connectivity, and up
to 5 TB capacity. Includes a free trial of WD Smart Ware Pro automatic backup software.

Product Details
list of 6 items
Product Dimensions: 8 x 7 x 5.5 inches ; 2.8 pounds
Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (
View shipping rates and policies)
ASIN: B00ODEGWN8
Item model number: WDBWLG0040HBK-NESN