From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2016 6:38 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Googling it

I'm not sure why you are having the problems you are describing.  At times, a page will refresh but I suspect you can stop this in firefox most easily.  However, if you are using Firefox. one way to stop page refreshes is to use a script blocker.  I believe that will stop all page refreshes.  that's probably the easiest way to stop all refreshes, regardless of screen-reader being used.  It also is safer browsing with scripts disabled.  My recollection, from the very little I looked at the no script add on is that it is fast and easy to allow scripts to run or to set it to block all scripts.  Many sites require scripts to do what you want but just for reading information, a lot of sites can be used with scripts blocked.  And they may load much more quickly.  The New York Times loads much more quickly when I have scripts blocked, regardless of browser and screen-reader being used.  You can tailor settings in a lot of ways using the no script add on with Firefox, but I'm discussing the ways that require the least learning even if unblocking everything doesn't give you as much protection as tailoring settings.  I never have any pages refresh when I don't allow scripts to run.

Gene.
By Cody Lee, Sep 7, 2016

iPhone 7 lighrtning connectorwh

On Wednesday, Apple confirmed that the rumors are true: there is no headphone jack in the iPhone 7. Apple is including a new pair of EarPods in the box with the handset, as well as an adapter for connecting the headphones to the legacy 3.5mm port, and it also announced new wireless earbuds called AirPods.

Apple SVP Phil Schiller explains the move: “The reason to move on: courage. The courage to move on and do something new that betters all of us.” Schiller says removing headphone jack will free up space, which is growing ever-limited with new components, and Apple’s ultimate vision for mobile audio is “wireless.”
iPhone 7 adaptor in box

“Up till now no one has taken on the challenge of fixing the things that are difficult to do on those wireless experiences and make them so we all want to do them. Our team at Apple has worked so hard to create something new that delivers on the opportunity to create the wireless experience.”

So there you have it. For all of you folks out there wondering how Apple would justify removing the headphone jack from the iPhone 7: they say it’s because the port was a poor use of space and ultimately they see all headphones becoming wireless. Coincidentally, they also announced multiple new pairs of Bluetooth headphones today.

We’d love to hear your thoughts on the move, sound off below!

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!