Re: Courage, space, and vision: why Apple removed the headphone jack in iPhone 7 #article

And what headset are you talking about? It's wireless? Info please.

Melissa
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 8, 2016, at 11:18 PM, Kimsan <kimsansong@...> wrote:

I purchased a logetec headset, and out of all I have purchased these seem to work well with me and my hearing loss. 40 bucks.

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, September 8, 2016 3:52 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Courage, space, and vision: why Apple removed the headphone jack in iPhone 7

An audiophile might pay that much but for the typical listener, the word ridiculous sums things up.  Headphone technology has matured and improved significantly since I was young a long time ago.  I haven't systematically priced and compared headphones, but I just bought a pair of fifty dollar headphones that sound really good.  I didn't do a systematic comparison, but I compared them to a 130 dollar  pair of headphones and I didn't see a significant difference.

That isn't to say that a more thorough comparison might not yield a significant difference but these headphones I find very satisfactory since I'm not looking for audiophile quality.

From: "Lenron" <
lenron93@...>

By Cody Lee, Sep 7, 2016

iPhone 7 lighrtning connectorwh

On Wednesday, Apple confirmed that the rumors are true: there is no
headphone jack in the iPhone 7. Apple is including a new pair of EarPods
in the box with the handset, as well as an adapter for connecting the
headphones to the legacy 3.5mm port, and it also announced new wireless
earbuds called AirPods.

Apple SVP Phil Schiller explains the move: “The reason to move on:
courage. The courage to move on and do something new that betters all of
us.” Schiller says removing headphone jack will free up space, which is
growing ever-limited with new components, and Apple’s ultimate vision
for
mobile audio is “wireless.”
iPhone 7 adaptor in box

“Up till now no one has taken on the challenge of fixing the things that
are difficult to do on those wireless experiences and make them so we
all
want to do them. Our team at Apple has worked so hard to create
something
new that delivers on the opportunity to create the wireless experience.”

So there you have it. For all of you folks out there wondering how Apple
would justify removing the headphone jack from the iPhone 7: they say
it’s
because the port was a poor use of space and ultimately they see all
headphones becoming wireless. Coincidentally, they also announced
multiple
new pairs of Bluetooth headphones today.

We’d love to hear your thoughts on the move, sound off below!
Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io