Re: Courage, space, and vision: why Apple removed the headphone jack in iPhone 7 #article

Hi all

I don’t wear earbuds too, for medical reasons really. I wear two BTE digital hearing aids and it appears I’m prone to ear infections if I wear any type of headphones. So, the AirPods sound interesting, but wouldn’t be suitable for me. I would however be very excited if Apple came along and announced speakers with same or similar specs. I have a Bose Soundlink Colour, and it’s great, but, yeah.

On 8 Sep 2016, at 10:37, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

I do not like ear buds, they hurt my ears! The sets always seem to fall off my head too! My headset is a boes and it is wired and the only reason why they do not fall off my head is they have a padding that makes them stay! Heather
----- Original Message -----
From: Lenron
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Thursday, September 8, 2016 3:17 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Courage, space, and vision: why Apple removed the headphone jack in iPhone 7

lol I know right it's lovely. Such away to try to drain pockets. With
only a 5 hour battery um those things suck.

On 9/8/16, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:
LOL and isn't it so nice of Apple that they just happened to release
wireless AirPods along with their new iPhone after removing the headphone
jack. And even better, you get to pay $159 for the privilege of owning
them.

By Cody Lee, Sep 7, 2016

iPhone 7 lighrtning connectorwh

On Wednesday, Apple confirmed that the rumors are true: there is no
headphone jack in the iPhone 7. Apple is including a new pair of EarPods
in the box with the handset, as well as an adapter for connecting the
headphones to the legacy 3.5mm port, and it also announced new wireless
earbuds called AirPods.

Apple SVP Phil Schiller explains the move: “The reason to move on:
courage. The courage to move on and do something new that betters all of
us.” Schiller says removing headphone jack will free up space, which is
growing ever-limited with new components, and Apple’s ultimate vision
for
mobile audio is “wireless.”
iPhone 7 adaptor in box

“Up till now no one has taken on the challenge of fixing the things that
are difficult to do on those wireless experiences and make them so we
all
want to do them. Our team at Apple has worked so hard to create
something
new that delivers on the opportunity to create the wireless experience.”

So there you have it. For all of you folks out there wondering how Apple
would justify removing the headphone jack from the iPhone 7: they say
it’s
because the port was a poor use of space and ultimately they see all
headphones becoming wireless. Coincidentally, they also announced
multiple
new pairs of Bluetooth headphones today.

We’d love to hear your thoughts on the move, sound off below!
Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool. Go Dodgers!
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io