Re: Internal hard drives and cloning

Edmond <gocloud84@...>

So I am doing a research. Sylvia is a good candidate. Hope she could give me the result.

On 9/13/2016 7:30 PM, Carlos wrote:
Yes. Although if the drive is not already formatted, you may have to bring
it online before you can begin cloning. We can discuss how to do that
later
if it becomes necessary. After cloning the drive, you can just swap the
old
one with the new one. Just make sure that the new drive is connected to
the
same SATA controller as the old one since that will usually be controller 0
and the BIOS will try to boot from controller 0 first.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sylvia" <sylvia0647@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 10:24 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Internal hard drives and cloning

I assume that once the drive is installed, the cloning process can begin,
correct? Once cloning is complete, I would assume that I would just replace
the old hd with the newly cloned drive. I would assume that windows is
smart
enough to recognize that I'm still going to be booting from C so I don't
have to change anything.