From: "James Bentley" <bentleyj1952@gmail.com
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 12:29:40 -0500
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How do I refresh the folder list?

I want to sleep on it. It appears as though either decision involves a lot
of time and trouble so I want to think it through.

Here's a quick question for you. If I stay with Gmail, I may want to switch
to pop3. Right now, with Imap, Gmail wants to decide what is spam,. Which
message is family, important, or promotions. So, if I stay with Gmail, will
I regain 100% control of which folders my emails go with pop3? If I can't
make 100% of the choices with Gmail and pop3, I will definitely go back to A
T and T. And, I don't want to waste 2 years training Gmail where to put
messages when I already can do it without any help.

Thanks for your opinions,

James B

From: "Edmond Nazarian via Groups.io"
<gocloud84=aol.com@groups.io
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 06:32:45 -0700

No. POP3 is not recommended at all. GMail+Thunderbird+IMAP=best
experience, IMO.

On 9/14/2016 6:30 AM, James Bentley wrote:
I do have access for less secure apps turned on. I still can't
figure
out what keystrokes to use in WLM to update the folder list.

I can't remember the reasons that I decided that ThunderBird
would not
work for me. I didn't have any problems until I switched to
Imap and
Gmail. I will take time to think about this but I might decide
switch back to Pop3. If Gmail works, then, fine. If not, then
I might
consider going back to A T and T email using pop3.

This is a time consuming mess but, I will get it figured out.

Thanks,

James B

-----Original Message----- From: Edmond Nazarian via Groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 8:12 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

WLM actually.
By the way I am not using WLM right now and honestly I do not
want to
provide inaccurate information.
Also you may need to enable something called access for less
secure apps
in your Google account. (not recommended for maximum security)
Maybe you want to switch to a more mainstream EMail client like
Thunderbird.

On 9/14/2016 6:03 AM, James Bentley wrote:
Do you mean do this in WLM or at the Gmail web site.

When I right click and go to properties in WLM, Jaws says that
properties are not available. I must be missing something here.

Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 7:46 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Maybe you could do this in properties of that GMail account?
Right-click
on the main folder and select Properties. There should be an
option for
refreshing the folder list.

On 9/14/2016 5:43 AM, James Bentley wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm using an Imap Gmail account with Windows Live Mail. I can
not
delete or rename a folder that I created. I get a message that
says
something like WLM can not find the Imap folder...please refresh
the
folder list.

How do I refresh the folder list?

Thanks,