Re: windows 10 still not recognizing my External HardDrive

Edmond <gocloud84@...>

Carlos is right. Actually upgrading to Windows 10 can cause such issues. I am still hoping it could be fix by cleaning up the non-present devices. Let's see.

On 9/14/2016 10:47 AM, Rajmund wrote:
Hi Carlos,
In that case, I believe it has been prove, along with your links, that
it can happen.

Sent from a BrailleNote

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carlos" <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 12:35:11 -0400
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] windows 10 still not recognizing my External
HardDrive

This has already been tried based on previous discussions. Upgrading to
Windows 10 seems to have caused the same problem for Michael twice if I
remember correctly.
From: "Edmond Nazarian via Groups.io" <gocloud84=aol.com@groups.io
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 03:11:42 -0700
HardDrive

Still disagree.
I'd recommend contacting Toshiba instead. Microsoft do not have to
provide support for non-Microsoft product. unless no other drive work on
that computer also, there is no reason to waste time. Maybe you are
correct and it works, but I am not agree about this one.
I had situation that an empty USB external encloser was connected to a
computer and something was showing in Device Manager, even in Disk Drive
section. It's also a possibility. Maybe HDD inside the box stopped
working.

On 9/14/2016 2:58 AM, Carlos wrote:
Because all of those possibilities have been tested based on previous
discussions and the problem specifically occurred after upgrading. That
indicates there is at least a possibility the cause may in fact be
Windows 10, even if it is only an incompatibility with this particular
model of drive. You cannot categorically state that there is nothing
wrong with Windows 10. An operating system is complex software capable
of having many bugs so the possibility cannot be completely discounted.
Just because you have not personally experienced a particular problem,
does not mean that it cannot exist.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Edmond Nazarian via Groups.io"
<gocloud84=aol.com@groups.io