From: Carlos
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 1:38 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How do I refresh the folder list?

The Windows 10 mail app supports POP3, Gmail supports POP3, and most mail
accounts provided by ISPs still support POP3 so I don't think it's in danger
of disappearing anytime soon. Just because certain businesses refuse to
continue supporting POP3, doesn't mean you won't be able to find support for
it from a million other sources.
From: "Edmond Nazarian via Groups.io"
<gocloud84=aol.com@groups.io
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 06:32:45 -0700

No. POP3 is not recommended at all. GMail+Thunderbird+IMAP=best
experience, IMO.

On 9/14/2016 6:30 AM, James Bentley wrote:
I do have access for less secure apps turned on. I still can't figure out
what keystrokes to use in WLM to update the folder list.

I can't remember the reasons that I decided that ThunderBird would not
work for me. I didn't have any problems until I switched to Imap and
Gmail. I will take time to think about this but I might decide to switch
back to Pop3. If Gmail works, then, fine. If not, then I might consider
going back to A T and T email using pop3.

This is a time consuming mess but, I will get it figured out.

Thanks,

James B

-----Original Message----- From: Edmond Nazarian via Groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 8:12 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

WLM actually.
By the way I am not using WLM right now and honestly I do not want to
provide inaccurate information.
Also you may need to enable something called access for less secure apps
in your Google account. (not recommended for maximum security) Maybe you
want to switch to a more mainstream EMail client like Thunderbird.

On 9/14/2016 6:03 AM, James Bentley wrote:
Do you mean do this in WLM or at the Gmail web site.

When I right click and go to properties in WLM, Jaws says that properties
are not available. I must be missing something here.

Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 7:46 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Maybe you could do this in properties of that GMail account?
Right-click
on the main folder and select Properties. There should be an option for
refreshing the folder list.

On 9/14/2016 5:43 AM, James Bentley wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm using an Imap Gmail account with Windows Live Mail. I can not delete
or rename a folder that I created. I get a message that says something
like WLM can not find the Imap folder...please refresh the folder list.

How do I refresh the folder list?

Thanks,

James B