Re: windows 10 still not recognizing my External HardDrive

Michael Amaro

tried your suggestion no go

From: "Edmond Nazarian via Groups.io" <gocloud84=aol.com@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 8:39 AM
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] windows 10 still not recognizing my External HardDrive

Sorry but did you try removing the HDD from Device Manager?
I would like you to also remove the related USB Mass Storage Device, from the Universal Serial Bus controllers folder in Device Manager when your drive is connected.
1 way you could do them all easily
Download this file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ro6ynhwcbdcn5t0/DeviceCleanup.exe?dl=1
No worry this is a portable program that helps you remove non-connected device drivers from a computer.
Connect any working external devices that you want to use with Windows 10. (you want to keep that particular HDD disconnected)
Run that file as administrator. You will see any hardware that you were previously connected, and now are disconnected. You may surprise, that list may show you lots of devices.
Go to the beginning of the list, press Shift+End then remove all items from the list by pressing Delete.
Try connecting the HDD now.

On 9/14/2016 8:17 AM, Michael Amaro wrote:
it worked previously to me me updating. Also it works with my windows 7
machine