Re: OE, Yahoo, & Windows 7

David Ferrin <df7782@...>

The problem was with IE we could find where the setting was located but neither my wife or I could tell if it changed or not. Only after going in with fire fox could she tell the box was checked. I can’t say if I would have been able to tell with JAWS because I was on another computer testing the email account in question and we were so happy that it was working we called it good and had some ice cream, butter pecan BTW.

From: Mike B.
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:33 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] OE, Yahoo, & Windows 7

Hi Carlos & Gene,

Hot damn, success!  Okay, here's what happened.  There's this checkbox that needs to be checked that is for allowing less secure apps to be used with Yahoo, which OE is considered to be a less secure app, but this checkbox can be found with IE, but can't be checked with IE!.  So, my good friends David & wife Patty, went into my wife's account with Firefox, & were able to check this box, & now everything is working fine!  This is something that I didn't have to contend with when I originally set my Yahoo account up, so I don't have a clue when this option was introduced.  Thank y'all for your input, but thank you David & Patty for all your help in getting this account working.
Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!
From: "Mike B." <mb69mach1@...
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 10:50:48 -0700
Subject: [TechTalk] OE, Yahoo, & Windows 7

Hi All,

Running OE 2.0 & Windows 7, i just created a Yahoo POP3 account
for my wife
using the following settings.

Below are the settings for pop mail access for your e-mail
client:
On the General Tab:
User Name: your complete e-mail address
Password: your log-in password

On the servers tab:

Incoming: plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing: plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

My server requires authentication checkbox checked

On the advanced tab:
Server Port Numbers
Note:
If you must change the port numbers for "SSL", check the
corresponding
checkboxes first,
or the numbers you type in will not stick.

Outgoing mail (SMTP): 465
This server requires a secure connection (SSL) checkbox checked
Incoming mail (POP3): 995
This server requires a secure connection (SSL) checkbox checked

Are these the correct settings?  Because I keep getting the
following:
Logon - Barbara Yahoo
Please enter your user name and password for the following
server.
Logon Server: plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com

I do not get the above message on her other identity, only the
Yahoo
identity, so I reinstalled OE, but that didn't help.  Any
suggestions?  All
help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

David Ferrin