Re: Flip phone questions.

Nancy Hill

I didn't try to get a replacement...as, although it wasn't wonderful, it did usually make the calls I needed if I asked it enough times. I also carried a battery boost reserve in case it ever started to cry for more juice while I was out and about.

Nancy

On 9/22/2016 1:47 PM, Pamela Dominguez wrote:
It sounds as though you got a lemon. Did you try getting a replacement? Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: Nancy Hill
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 11:29 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Flip phone questions.

Ann, I had the original Revere for about 6 years...and I really enjoyed
it because it was easy to use the buttons, tell who to call, etc. It
was also solidly built. I got the Revere 3 in Sept of last year. From
the start, it did not feel as well made, it did not understand my
commands as well, and I did not get good battery life. The phone would
be fully charged to start the day and then I might make just a couple of
business calls instead of a couple of personal calls and before the end
of the evening 3 would be telling me I needed to recharge it. That is
why, in desperation I went to the IPhone SE. Yes, there is a learning
curve, but my Verizon Rep set it up as I asked which was to allow me to
only use it as a phone just to make and answer calls. When I get
comfortable with the SE, I might branch out to use its other abilities,
but right now I am satisfied that I can make and receive calls and
thatSiri understand my voice much better than the 3 ever did.

I would be interested in knowing why you do not like the IPhone you
have, but please tell me directly. My addie is below my name.

Good Luck!

Nancy

girlyscream@...

On 9/21/2016 8:44 PM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Nancy, this doesn't help me at all. Why was it bad? What were the features you didn't like? What about these other phones, what makes them better? If you're going to review something, you need to prove your point, justify your value statement. I'm looking for valid opinions, pro and con for a flip phone like the LG Revere 3. I hate my iPhone, and I will cheerfully tell you why if you ask. Suffice it to say, I wanted to strangle Siri this morning. I hate flicking and flacking and taking way more time than necessary to get something done. I don't have *time* for an iPhone and the machanations needed to operate it. I want buttons, accessible, understandable buttons. I don't want to have to talk to a machine to dial a telephone and hear her interrupt me while I'm texting to say, "Your message says ... do you want to send this message now?" You can't continue with the same message, you have to start all over again, and you can't erase something you've said to Siri. The whole process drives me nuts. I want buttons, buttons, buttons, I don't want a tappitable tipitable topitable excuse for an interface!

Ann P.