Re: accessible modem/routers?

Troy Burnham

Thanks Carlos.  Do you have any idea where I'd look for something like this?  I'm talking about not online because for a purchase like this I'd like to actually go into a store where I can hopefully find an employee to help me.  We have what I feel to be the usual stores around here like Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Office Depot and Office Max, and maybe a couple more that doesn't come to mind right now.  We also have a few places that I assume that are just local that repair and I believe refurbish computers.

Troy

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2016 6:54 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] accessible modem/routers?

In that case, you will either have to buy two separate devices or a combo to replace what you currently have.  I would recommend sticking to devices on the Road Runner compatibility list.  I wouldn't worry too much about accessibility.  Most router/modem router combos have an accessible interface these days.
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2016 7:41 PM

Hi Carlos,

It's one device and it does provide wireless, so it must be the combo.

Troy

Sent: Monday, October 03, 2016 11:25 AM

Do you have a single device or two?  Does the device you have provide wireless?  If you have two devices, then you have a separate modem and router.  If there is only a single device and it provides wireless, you have a combination router/modem which is more common with many ISPs these days.
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2016 11:50 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] accessible modem/routers?

Hi All,

I'm not sure if what I have is considered a modem or a router, but it's one that I rent from road runner and I just found out that I can save approximately $15 per month by buying and using my own modem instead of renting the one I have now. I haven't looked at the list of compatible modems yet, and in fact I'm not even sure where the list would be because I'm just now being switched over from Time-Warner to Spectrum, but are there any modems or routers that anybody recommends that I get, or conversely are there any I need to avoid because they are inaccessible?  Btw it will need to have wireless capability, and it will need to work with both windows 7 and windows 10 if that matters.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Troy

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.