Re: is Facebook messenger accessible with the newer jaws versions

Michael Mote

If I chat using my computer in facebook, I use the mobile facebook web-site, and then click on the chat option after logging in.  Granted, it is not quite as nice as the app on my phone, but it does work OK.  JAWS will read the messages, but there are no sounds letting you know that there is an incoming message.  You just have to keep refreshing the chat window. 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Veronica Kirk
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2016 7:14 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] is Facebook messenger accessible with the newer jaws versions

So what exactly can one use for Facebook chat?  I am using Jaws 16 on a windows 7 machine.   

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Mote
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2016 9:51 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] is facebook messenger accessible with the newer jaws versions

Hi there!  These folks could be using the Messenger app on their phone.  I do use it, and it works reasonably well. 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of joanne
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2016 11:03 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] is facebook messenger accessible with the newer jaws versions

I had heard facebook messenger could not be used with jaws so I just do private messages by going to the person's name and then to "send message".  But I can tell some people are replying somehow in messenger and I have also had a couple invitations to join them on messenger.  The reason I know they're using it to reply to me is that these replies don't show up in my emails like some of my other messages.  I fortunately looked online and saw them, but are we able to fully use messenger now?

By the way, I am using windows 7 and I have the last 3 versions of jaws.

Joanne

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.